There are many ways to help Dessin and we greatly appreciate each and every one. Choose the best combination of options for you and your family or business and know that you have our sincere thanks.
Paws For Dessin's Cause! Help us raise much needed funding for new outside dog kennels! Individual donations of $1,500 or more will be commemorated with a plaque on the structure.
"Money...makes the world go round." And money also goes a long way towards securing the future of Dessin in the community. Monetary gifts can be directed towards specific projects or made to a general fund and in most cases are tax deductible*. Here are some great options for consideration:
- Cash Donation: checks payable to: Dessin Shelter and mailed or delivered to: 138 Miller Drive, Honesdale, PA 18431
- Click here to donate safely and securely through PayPal
- Loose Change: Look for our coin/dollar collection containers at many local area businesses.
- "Profit Sharing": If you own a business, consider donating a portion of your profits during a certain time period or on the sale of a certain product. Check our list of Special Opportunities so you can see and take part in the Buying Power for Dessin through local and national retailers.
- Fundraising: Are you an "organizer"? Can you put a plan into action? Then approach us with your fundraising ideas, we are all ears (and tails and warm noses...)
- Endowment: Long term and generous cash gifts tied into estate planning are wonderful ways to ensure the continued existence of Dessin in the community. Ask your tax and legal advisors about available options and download our Planned Giving Brochure for more information.
- Sponsorship: You can sponsor specific projects through donations to cover the costs associated with advertising, printing, postage, etc. Our Shelter Scoop Newsletter is a perfect example! Sponsor a page, the postage or the entire newsletter - click here for sponsorship rates!
*consult your tax advisor
Your time is valuable and we are in awe of the extreme generosity of our Volunteer Army! If you have some free time and are looking for a worthwhile outlet, call or stop by to see what we need. We need extra hands for any or all of these projects:
- Dessin Shelter: Dog Walkers, Shelter Clean Up, Shelter Maintenance. Contact Debbie Moore for more information: 570-253-4037
- Cat's Pajamas: Store Personnel, Store Clean Up, Inventory. Contact Jeri Hancock for more information: 570-647-0057
- Special Events: All of our fundraising events require the Volunteer Army to make them a success! Watch our Events Calendar for upcoming dates! Contact our Outreach Coordinator about our Special Events and fundraising opportunities! 570-647-0619
- Foster Home: Provide temporary care in your home for dogs, cats, kittens and puppies. Some animals need as little as a week of care while others may need up to a few months of care. Contact Debbie Moore for more information: 570-253-4037
Food, cleaning supplies, beds, the old coffee table...yes, we will take them all!
Dessin Shelter: Watch our Wish List for the most up-to-date and important items to help our Shelter Staff take the best possible care of the animals. Offsite Donation Drop Sites: Waymart Building Center (244 South St., Waymart, PA) and REMAX of Greentown (1345 Route 507)
The Cat's Pajamas: Donations of clothing, household items, shoes etc. are accepted at the Thrift Store during regular business hours.